- Questo evento è passato.
Partecipazione di Life FoResMit ad Agrotica 2018 – 3 febbraio 2018
febbraio 3, 2018
The workshop of the FoResMit (LIFE14 CCM/IT/000905) – “Recovery of degraded coniferous Forests for environmental sustainability Restoration and climate change Mitigation” project was carried out on the basis of the Democritus University of Thrace broader participation in the 27th International Fair for Agricultural Machinery, Equipment & Supplies ‘Agrotica’ that took place on 1-4/02/2018 in the International Exhibition & Congress Center of Thessaloniki in Greece.
Agrotica International Fair has been organized since 1985 by the national exhibition agency of Greece TIF HELEXPO. It is the largest trade fair of the agricultural economy sector in the Balkans and SE Europe and welcomes over 120,000 directly interested visitors from the domestic market and 30 other countries.
In specific, the workshop of the FoResMit project was held on 03/02/2018 at 10.00-14.00 in ‘N. Germanos’ Congress Center Hall D and was available for attendance for students, scientists, employees, trade visitors and general public. The main objective was the presentation of Life programs that are related to Research Actions on Climate Change in the Forest and Agricultural sector. Those actions are involved in the general framework to achieve objectives and targets of the Europe 2020 Strategy, the 7th Union Environmental Action Program for Climate Action that covers climate change mitigation; climate change adaptation; and climate governance and information.
During the workshop all invited participants had the opportunity to present their work to a wider audience, to exchange views on scientific issues, enhance the networking among them and to discuss any difficulties encountered in the submission and implementation of their projects.
The invited participants and the Life projects that were presented at the workshop are the following:
- Kalliopi Radoglou, Professor at the Department of Forestry and Management of the Environment and Natural Resources of the Democritus University of Thrace, presenting the actions of Life Project FoResMit “Recovery of degraded coniferous Forests for environmental sustainability Restoration and climate change Mitigation” (LIFE14CCM/IT/000905).
- Dr. Ugo Chiavetta, from the Council for Agricultural Research and Economics, Research Centre for Forestry and Wood, Arezzo, presenting the Life Project AForClimate “ Adaptation of forest management planning to climate variability (Life15CCA/IT/000089).
- Elisavet Pavlidou, MSc. Chemical engineer in the Anonymous Partneship consulting company HYETOS in Thessaloniki, presenting Life Project AgroClimaWater “ Promoting water efficiency and supporting the shift towards a climate resilient agriculture in Mediterranean countries” (Life14CCA/GR/000389).
- Konstantinos Bithas, Professor at the Department of Economic and Regional Development of Panteion University in economics of the environment and natural resources, presenting the Life Project CLIMATREE “A novel approach for accounting & monitoring carbon sequestration of tree crops and their potential as carbon sink areas” (LIFE14CCM/GR/000635).
- Anna Karali, from the Institute for Environmental Research and Sustainable Development, National Observatory of Athens, presenting the Life Project ADAPT2CLIMA “Adaptation to Climate change Impacts on the Mediterranean islands’ Agriculture” (LIFE14CCA/GR/000928).
- Dimitris Homatidis, Msc. Environmental Engineer and Expert of the Environment from Green Fund, Athens, presenting Greek LIFE Task Force Life 2014-2020 “ The LIFE Programme 2014-2020, The EU’s funding Instrument for the Environment and Climate changes”.